Birmingham Business Loans

Grow your Birmingham business quickly with our business loans. Access between £1,000 and £2 million+. Find and compare loans today with our free tool.

  • Compare a wide range of lenders and rates
  • Check your eligibility in minutes
  • Find out how much you could borrow
Get Started

It's fast, free and won't affect your credit score

Capalona Reviews
Compare business loans - Find the right business funding in minutes
We help support British Businesses
We are official members of the NACFB
We are official members of the FSB
We are authorised and regulated by the FCA
Fintech Awards Wales Finalist 2021
Commercial Broker - Innovation Finalist 2021
Written by Richard Wilcock | Reviewed by Jamie Moorcroft | Updated: April 30, 2024

Running a business in Birmingham

Like any major UK city, Birmingham has a thriving business scene. In a 2020 report, Birmingham took second place in a list of leading tech cities outside London, so if you’ve set up shop in the city, you’re in good company.

With a growing business community of over 43,000 companies, standing out from the crowd is only getting more important. Money is always at the forefront of business owners’ minds.

Accessing flexible and affordable finance can help plug any cash flow gaps in your business.

Business loans for Birmingham businesses

Types of business loans available for Birmingham businesses

Different types of loan suit different companies. Learn about three different types of small business loans below.

Business loans

Two types of business loans are available for Birmingham businesses: unsecured and secured. An unsecured business loan offers you fast finance without having to offer up assets. But with a secured business loan, you can enjoy lower interest rates and borrow higher amounts — you will need a valuable asset to put up as collateral, however.

Both loan types are given as a lump sum and repaid, with interest, over a set period.

Merchant cash advance

This type of finance is borrowed against future credit and debit card sales. Your merchant cash advance repayments aren’t fixed, like with a business loan; instead, they ebb and flow with your monthly sales. If you have a flush month, for example, you’ll repay more of your loan; if you have a slower month, you repay less.

Merchant cash advances are great if your Birmingham business is seasonal.

Invoice finance

Poor cash flow is the reason many businesses fail. But invoice finance can help you better manage your cash flow by paying you up to 95% of the invoice value straight away. No waiting around for the customer to pay. Instead, the lender’s fee is deducted from the remaining 5%.

Start your search for business funding
Check your eligibility for business funding

Checking won’t affect your credit score

Is your Birmingham business eligible for funding?

You could qualify for business finance if you meet the following criteria:

  • Your business is registered in the UK
  • You have been trading for at least three months
  • You’re over the age of 18
  • You’re a limited company, limited liability partnership (LLP) or a sole trader

Some lenders may stipulate a minimum annual turnover or that you have a valuable asset — but this depends on the type of loan you apply for.


How to apply for a Birmingham business loan

Applying for a Birmingham business loan is quick and easy. Fill in our short form telling us how much you want to borrow, what the finance is for, and how long you want it, and we'll show you a table of lenders best suited to your business.

We’re a broker, which means our loan comparison tool is completely free for you to use. We work with trusted UK lenders to bring you the best and most flexible finance solutions to help you grow your Birmingham-based business.

If you find a loan you like the look of, simply click to proceed, and the lender will contact you directly to discuss your requirements in more detail and provide you with your tailored quote. Compare Birmingham business loans.

About the author

Richard Wilcock
Written by Richard Wilcock

Money Writer, Director and Co-Founder

Richard is one of the Co-Founders here at Capalona and has over twenty years of experience in the marketing industry, specialising in the finance sector.

Updated: April 30, 2024
Published: April 03, 2023
Iwoca logo
Sigma Lending logo
Youlend logo
Funding Circle logo
365 business finance logo
mcl finance logo
What our customers say...

Adrian TCapalona verified review

5/5

Amazingly fast, efficient service, minimal paperwork. So much faster than my business bank of twelve years.

Jasmine MCapalona verified review

5/5

Thanks to Capalona providing a great service, I was able to speedily find a solution to my cash flow issue in my business.

Capalona Reviews

4.74 out of 5 based on 100 reviews

Reviews last updated on 26 June 2024