Terms and Conditions
Last updated October 2023.
We act as an intermediary and provide a service that enables information to be exchanged between you and various finance lenders and you for the purpose of obtaining business finance and providing you with viable business finance options ("Services").
In these Terms:
"Product" means any third-party product or service that we display on our Site.
"Site" means any mobile applications or other similar devices, channels or applications operated by or on behalf of Sorodo Limited.
"You", "Your" and "User" means any person who accesses and uses the Site.
"Services" shall mean all services provided by us through the Site.
Who are we?
- We are registered in England and Wales under company number 08039501, and our registered office address is St Andrews Park, Queens Lane, Bromfield Industrial Estate, Mold, Flintshire, CH7 1XB.
- We are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority under firm reference number 774781.
- We are acting as an agent of TrueLayer, who is providing the regulated Account Information Service, and is Authorised and Regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority under the Payment Services Regulations 2017 and the Electronic Money Regulations 2011 (Firm Reference Number: 901096).
- We are registered on the Register of Data Controllers with the Information Commissioner's Office number ZA160887.
We are a credit broker, not a lender. We do not provide finance directly to clients and at all times, act as an intermediary. As such, we will locate lenders who are the providers of the appropriate financial services.
Use of site
Access to our Site is free of charge.
By accessing, continuing, and submitting an application on our Site;
- you confirm you are over the age of 18.
- legally entitled to enter into an agreement with a funder.
- can enter in and will agree to the Agreement on behalf of any entity if you are accessing, using or registering to use our site on behalf of that entity.
- you are a resident within the UK.
This agreement is defined as being between you, the User of www.capalona.co.uk, and Sorodo Limited, the owners of this site.
If you do not agree to be bound by the terms and conditions, you should not use this Site.
We cannot guarantee our website, or any content within it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of the website without notice.
Access to our Site is provided "as is" and on an "as available" basis. We may alter, suspend or discontinue our Site (or any part of it) at any time and without notice.
We will not be liable to you if for any reason our Site (or any part of it) is unavailable at any time or for any period. At all times, we take whatever steps possible to ensure that all information contained on our Site is accurate and correct. Any use of this Site or any information taken from it, is at your own risk. We will not be held liable for any losses or damages be this direct or indirect, following your use of our Site. These may include: system failures, non-delivery of data, viruses, a breach in security or any "hacking".
How our site works
Searching for the right business loan has never been easier. By using our Site, you will cut out lots of time-consuming searching around the market when searching for the best deal.
We only work with reputable third party lenders, if a lender falls under regulated activity we ensure that they are approved by the FCA.
The User will use the Site to find finance which is suitable for their needs, and in doing so, will be asked the following information:
- How much funding do you require;
- How long will you need funding for;
- What is the finance for;
- The legal status of your business;
- Your business name;
- Has your business started trading;
- In the last 12 months has your business been profitable;
- Your business sector
- Your average monthly turnover;
- Does your business accept card or online payments;
- How much of the above monthly turnover is from card or online sales;
- Which card payment provider do you use;
- Do you sell products or services via an online store;
- Does your business invoice other businesses;
- How much is owed to you in invoices;
- What accountancy software do you use;
- How many invoices do you raise per month;
- What is the typical amount of each invoice raised;
- Does your business have any existing loans;
- What is the total amount of borrowing outstanding;
- How much do you repay per month;
- Which bank do you use for your business banking;
- Your business address;
- Your title;
- Your first name;
- Your last name;
- Your date of birth;
- Your email;
- Your mobile number;
- Your residential status;
- Would you consider offering property as security;
- What is the approximate value of the property;
- What is the approximate remaining mortgage amount left on the property;
- Would you consider a personal guarantee;
- Your home address;
- When did you move into this address;
- Personal affordability questions;
Based on the information provided to us, a select panel of finance providers which may be suitable for your finance requirements will contact you directly with a no-obligation quote.
We provide a no obligation service for use of our Site with no pressure to commit to a product or a finance provider.
Whilst we do not perform formal credit checks to provide our Services, to enable us to prevent fraud, we may carry out identity and soft credit checks from time to time. These may be carried out against either you as a company or your directors / owners personally.
These soft credit checks do not affect your credit rating, but, assist in determining your eligibility for any lending. They are visible on any credit search, but do not affect your credit rating.
Do note that our finance providers may wish to obtain a credit reference for you and your business, including its directors or partners from a credit reference agency.
Our Site is for use within the United Kingdom. If you are not located in the United Kingdom and you access our Site, you do so at your own risk and you should be aware of applicable local laws and regulations.
Once you have submitted your application, we will use the information you have provided and match this criteria against suitable lenders.
By submitting an enquiry for finance through our Site, you agree that your business and contact information can be passed to providers of finance in order for them to contact you to discuss your requirements further.
By agreeing to these Terms, we will provide finance providers with access to your finance request and the information we have obtained. This data will be used to assist the finance provider to determine whether they are capable of offering your business the finance requested. Any further discussions between you and a finance provider will not include us, including any additional checks and information the finance provider may require about your business and our relationship will cease.
Account information services (AIS)
We are an agent of TrueLayer Limited who provide a regulated account information service (AIS). When using our service, you will be asked to provide consent to TrueLayer to provide Sorodo Limited and/or other third parties access to information relating to your Payment Accounts (Account Information).
By using this service, you agree that Sorodo Limited and TrueLayer Limited may process, share, aggregate and/or analyse information from your linked account(s).
The Account Information retrieved and shared may include the following:
- Your personal account details, such as name, sort code, account number, the financial position across your linked accounts including account balance, transaction history, transaction amounts and descriptions, direct debits, standing orders, currency, any overdraft balance, payment due dates and other information about your transactions.
Sorodo Limited will use this Account Information as a credit reference service and an affordability check to provide a service that you have agreed to use.
Sorodo Limited will share The Account Information with the lender(s) that you select from your results page.
By agreeing to these Terms & Conditions, you simultaneously consent to adhere to TrueLayer's end user terms.
TrueLayer is authorised and regulated by the UK Financial Conduct Authority under the Payment Services Regulations 2017 and Electronic Money Regulations 2011 (Firm Reference Number: 901096)
We do not charge a fee for using our Services or our Site, but we may receive a commission (either a fixed fee or a fixed percentage of the amount you borrow) from finance providers for effecting such introductions. The commission amount may vary by finance provider, broker or product. For certain lenders we may have influence over the interest rate, and this may impact the total amount payable by you, the customer. Third party brokers however may charge fees for their own brokerage services, but this will be made clear before proceeding. Please contact us for more information on our fees.
Any content included on this Site by the site owners, including, but not limited to: copyright, text, graphics, logos, images, data, code and software is the sole property of Sorodo Limited, our affiliates or third parties. Any use of this Site acknowledges that this content is protected by applicable United Kingdom and international intellectual property laws and treaties.
You may not reproduce, copy, distribute, sell, rent, sub-licence, store, or in any other manner re-use any content from our Site unless given express written permission to do so by Us.
Users must ensure that they agree with the suitability of any Product from the Site before entering into a contract with a third party lender. The Site is purely for reference purposes only and should not be treated as a direct recommendation of any site or Product.
Liability and disclaimers
Any information provided on the Site is posted with the knowledge that it is correct at the time. We do not, however, make any representations, warranties or guarantees (whether express or implied) that the content is complete, accurate, or up-to-date, and may be subject to changes at any time.
To the fullest extent permissible by law, we accept no liability to any User for any loss or damage, whether foreseeable or otherwise, in contract, tort (including negligence), for breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, arising out of or in connection with the use of (or inability to use) our Site or the use of or reliance upon any content included on our Site.
We hereby exclude all implied conditions, warranties, representations or other terms that may apply to our Site or content. We will not be liable for any loss of profits, sales, business or revenue; loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; loss of anticipated savings; business interruption; or for any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
We neither assume nor accept responsibility or liability arising out of any disruption or non-availability of our Site resulting from external causes including, but not limited to, ISP equipment failure, host equipment failure, communications network failure, natural events, acts of war, or legal restrictions and censorship.
Nothing in these Terms excludes or restricts our liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, for death or personal injury resulting from negligence, or for any other forms of liability which cannot be excluded or restricted by law.
Please be aware that the Site may include links to other websites that are not under our control. We neither assume nor accept responsibility or liability for the content of third party websites. These links are not necessarily an endorsement of the website themselves or those who operate them. With this in mind, you should always read the terms and conditions of any external websites before using them and before entering into a contract with them.
You may not set up any links to our Site without the express permission of us. This also includes any direct links to images or content without prior consent.
We cannot guarantee that the websites will be available at all times to meet your requirements, and that there will be no delays or errors. As a User of our Site and any third party websites linked to ours, you are solely responsible for any back-ups, and to have the correct virus software installed on your system.
Any information or content provided on the Site may be changed at any time, without giving notice. This also includes updates to these Terms. All Users agree to regularly review Terms to ensure they agree to them at all times.
Insofar as is permitted by law, we make no representation, warranty, or guarantee that our Site will meet your requirements, that it will not infringe the rights of third parties, that it will be compatible with all software and hardware, or that it will be secure.
In any event that any User applicable to these Terms fails to exercise any right within these Terms, this should not be construed as a waiver of these rights.
Representations and warranties
Your acceptance of these Terms means that you warrant and represent to us that all information provided by you to us, shall be accurate and up to date. You also agree that you are the principal authorised on behalf of your company to make these decisions and finally, you agree that you will not use any information provided by us to you under the provision of the Services, for any other reason.
You may only use our Site in a manner that is lawful and that complies with the following provisions Specifically:
- you must ensure that you comply fully with any and all local, national or international laws and/or regulations;
- you must not use our Site in any way, or for any purpose, that is unlawful or fraudulent;
- you must not use our Site to knowingly send, upload, or in any other way transmit data that contains any form of virus or other malware, or any other code designed to adversely affect computer hardware, software, or data of any kind; and
- you must not use our Site in any way, or for any purpose, that is intended to harm any person or persons in any way
When submitting User content (or communicating in any other way using our Site), you must not submit, communicate or otherwise do anything that:
- is sexually explicit;
- is obscene, deliberately offensive, hateful or otherwise inflammatory;
- promotes violence;
- promotes or assists in any form of unlawful activity;
- discriminates against, or is in any way defamatory of, any person, group or class of persons, race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- is intended or otherwise likely to threaten, harass, annoy, alarm, inconvenience, upset, or embarrass another person;
- is calculated or is otherwise likely to deceive;
- is intended or otherwise likely to infringe (or threaten to infringe) another person’s right to privacy;
- misleadingly impersonates any person or otherwise misrepresents your identity or affiliation in a way that is calculated to deceive;
- implies any form of affiliation with us where none exists;
- infringes, or assists in the infringement of, the intellectual property rights (including, but not limited to, copyright, patents, trade marks and database rights) of any other party; or
- is in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party including, but not limited to, contractual duties and duties of confidence.
We hereby exclude any and all liability arising out of any actions (including, but not limited to those set out above) that we may take in response to breaches of these Terms.
Law and jurisdiction
Your use and acceptance of our Site and these Terms are governed by the Laws of England and Wales whose courts have exclusive jurisdiction of any disputes that may arise under or in connection with the Terms.
Right to cancel
Under the rules of the Financial Conduct Authority, you have the right to cancel your contract with us without penalty and without giving any reason, within 14 calendar days.
Please note - Section 66A of the Consumer Credit Act (right to withdraw) does not apply to an agreement for credit exceeding £60,260 (unless the agreement is a residential renovation agreement), an agreement secured on land, a restricted-use credit agreement to finance the purchase of land or an agreement for a bridging loan in connection with the purchase of land.
You can contact us at any time via phone, email or in writing to cancel your agreement.
Notwithstanding anything in the Agreement, we reserve the right, without notice and in our sole discretion, to terminate this Agreement, your account, and/or to block your use of our Site.
We may consider legal action for violations of our Agreement with you according to these Terms.
We reserve the right to seek all remedies available at law and in equity for violations of our Agreement with you according to these Terms, including the right to block access from a particular Internet address to the Platform, or report misuses to law enforcement.
Sorodo Limited is registered on the Register of Data Controllers with the Information Commissioner's Office number ZA160887.
By using the Site, you agree to us handling this information and confirm that data you provide is accurate.
For more information, you can visit our complaints policy.
If you wish to make a complaint you can contact, email or write to us at;
Phone: 01244 456 123
By Post: FAO Complaints Manager, Sorodo Limited, St Andrews Park, Queens Lane, Bromfield Industrial Estate, Mold, Flintshire, CH7 1XB.
For complaints related to the provision of account information services, please contact TrueLayer directly by emailing email@example.com.
Should you wish to raise a complaint in relation to the service with a Lender or your Bank, please refer to their complaints policy.
If you are not happy with our final response, or we have not provided a response within eight weeks you have the right to refer the complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) after the passing of eight weeks following the complaint, using the details below:
Phone: 0800 023 4567 or 0300 123 9123
By Post: Financial Ombudsman Service, Exchange Tower, London, E14 9SR
For more information, you can visit our complaints policy.
We are allowed to assign, transfer, charge or sub-contract our rights and obligations under these Terms, but you may not do any of these things unless we have previously agreed in writing that you can.
Nobody other than we and you may rely on any terms of this contract.
If either of us wish to give a notice to the other, we agree that we must give it in writing and either deliver it or send it by first class post to the other's registered office (or another address specifically given to the sender for this purpose). Delivery by post will be regarded as completed by 9:00 am on the second day after posting. This arrangement does not apply to the service of any documents in legal proceedings.
Delay in exercising a right under the contract will not take away that right or any other right.
The Parties will use their best efforts to negotiate in good faith and settle any dispute that may arise out of or relate to these Terms or any breach of it.
If any such dispute cannot be settled amicably through ordinary negotiations between the Parties, or either or both is or are unwilling to engage in this process, either Party may propose to the other in writing that structured negotiations be entered into with the assistance of a fully accredited mediator before resorting to litigation.
All negotiations connected with the relevant dispute(s) will be conducted in confidence and without prejudice to the rights of the Parties in any further proceedings.
If you need further information, extra help or support please let us know and we will do our best to assist you.